Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yum, Yum

Love me some Shepard's Pie
and so I tried...to make it...and it was easy and yummy!
All you need to do is make some of these babies, mmmmm
love me some mash potatoes!
then cut up whatever veggies you prefer, (I used what I had on hand)
which I cooked in a little bit of olive oil and steamed with the lid on until tender, (Next time I will definitely add several different kinds of veggies).
then added them to my browned ground beef that I
cooked with onions and seasoned with salt and pepper
then added a can of this....simple right! I also added a can of tomato sauce, because my kids would pick out each tomato if I used fresh, and that would drive me crazy. Funny, they will eat steamed mussels, clams, even brussel sprouts, but give them a tomato and they will look at me like I have ten heads! Mom, you know we don't like tomatoes, but sure pass me the pizza with tomato base sauce...ok, Jules, carry on...
Then all you do is put your meat and veggie mixture on the bottom of a casserole dish, your mashed potatoes on top of that, sprinkle with some shredded cheese, cover, bake at 350 for 45 minutes and you end up with this
Yummy and enough for leftovers.
Does anyone have another way of making this?

Beginners Shepard's Pie
Mashed Potatoes
ground beef (turkey)
sweet onion
fresh veggies
tomato - unless your inviting my kids, then tomato sauce
can of mushroom soup
shredded cheddar

make your mash potatoes
chop your onions and cook till soft in a bit of olive oil
add your ground beef (turkey) season with salt and pepper
once cooked, add your can of soup and tomato (sauce if you must)
place meat mixture in the bottom of casserole dish
top with potatoes and sprinkle with cheese
cover and bake @350 for 45 mins.

Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment