Monday, August 16, 2010

The leopard chaise....

made it out of storage!!!! I finally made room for her!Don't know why it took me so long...this is my favorite Thrift store find...of course she didn't look like this when we got her. She was all tattered and torn...it was about 10 years ago that I first laid eyes on her. She was featured in the thrift store window. Went in to buy her, only they said she was a "real" french chaise that a dealer told them should sell for nothing less then $*%@x#! Ouch! I left with my dreams squashed! Told my husband about it when I got home, and three days later....it was my valentines present! He surprised me with her! Covered her in leopard and have loved her ever since....
only, when we moved into this house, I could not find a place for her...she had always been in our bedroom, but I had this new "old" french couch I really wanted to use, so she kind of got replaced with a couch!!
I think she found her new spot now...she is in our tiny sitting room...I like it even better than having her in the bedroom, 'cus now I see her all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment